Paying for a hotel room is not always the easy transaction that you think it’s going to be. Hidden fees, complex cancellation policies, and incidental deposits are just some of the surprises that may show up on your folio at check-out. Here’s what you absolutely must know before you book your next hotel stay.
1. Find out exactly what the hotel’s cancellation policy is.
2. At check-in, note the incidentals deposit and any extraneous extra fees.
3. Don’t use a debit card, but if you must, make sure you have enough money in your bank account.
4. Fees and incidental charges are collected by the hotel, not the booking site you used.
5. After your stay, closely look at your check-out folio and your bank account.
Madhuban Academy of Hospitality Administration & Research – Mahar is the finest institution for those looking to forge a career in the Hospitality Industry. www.maharedu.com