Food is an integral part of every occasion every celebration that follows. It is impossible to imagine our special events of life without some quality food. During the season of festivals and celebratory occasions, one can have the chance to experiment apart from the routine food recipe. From top hotels to restaurants every other food spot, eye on this particular season of festivities to come up with lots of interesting celebration food combinations for everyone.
MAHAR Institute, the best hotel management institute in Uttarakhand is sharing the recipe for two best serving dishes with Potato, have a look at these recipes where normal bland potatoes can be transformed into unique ways.
-BANG BANG BATATA – Quick crispy potato snack
250 gm baby potatoes
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 Tbsp semolina (sooji)
1 1/2 Tbsp ghee
2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- Steam the potatoes till they’re tender. Cool, scrub and peel them.
- Then mix salt (to taste), sugar, chili flakes, turmeric powder, and semolina together in a bowl. Coat the potatoes with this mixture.
- Next, heat the ghee in a pan and saute the green chilies and garlic for 10 seconds. Cook the spiced potatoes on low heat for 6-8 minutes. Keep tossing and take off heat when the potatoes turn brown and semolina is crisp.
- Serve hot with lime wedges.
-GRATIN OF POTATOES WITH GARLIC CREAM – Thinly slices seasoned potatoes and cheese, baked golden brown.
1/2 tsp salt
To taste pepper
A pinch of nutmeg
1 Garlic clove
2 Sprigs thyme
1 Sprig rosemary
20 Ml Cream
10 Gram gruyere cheese
15 Gram cheddar cheese
10 Gram parmesan cheese
10 Gram butter
- Wash and peel the potatoes and then cut into thin slices.
- Keep them covered with water.
- Reduce the cream along with the garlic, a pinch of rosemary and thyme to about half.
- Grate the cheeses and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and season them with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- In a well-greased baking dish, layer the potatoes neatly.
- Sprinkle the cheeses and some of the reduced cream.
- Top with another layer of potatoes followed by the cheeses and cream until it is almost full.
- Dot with butter and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C or until the potatoes are cooked and the surface turns in a beautiful golden brown.
This is a little effort from Mahar Institute, the best hotel management institute in Uttarakhand to add a little spark to your festivals. Try these recipes and upgrade your cooking game.