While all of their departments relate to F&B Service, the range of talents, tasks and personalities is immense, requiring effecting Directors to have a sense of “just right or just in time” follow through , as well as a high level of personal dependability, strong communication and organizational skills.
Here are few tips which can helps you in managing Food & Beverages.
- Organizes, directs and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage departments in all areas. In full service hotels, this includes: Banquets set up, Catering Service, Kitchen and all Culinary, Lounges, Restaurants, Room Service and supporting areas, such as vending or potential off site service.
- Creates aggressive but realistic annual budgets for all Hotel Food & Beverage operations. This means detailed forecasting, planning and directing the entire Hotel Food & Beverage departments to meet the daily operational needs.
- Maintains the highest standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through “outstanding” customer service.
- Develops restaurant, lounge and catering concepts and plans to support those areas. This activity means working with the chef, restaurant and lounge managers in the creation and merchandising of attractive menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Hires, trains, oversees, develops, disciplines and counsels all food and beverage management team members according to hotel and/or company protocols and procedures. This includes mentoring high potential department heads and team members to grow internal leaders and to ensure their growth within the hotel and/or company.
- Implements effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs among all Food and Beverage departments and monitor the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operations.
Prepare yourself to perform effectively under different levels of pressure and volume. Today’s effective F&B Director is self-motivated, likely a high achiever, well organized and detail oriented professional. These skills are learned and earned, which means ongoing professional development and continuous learning. Effective F&B Directors need to be innovative thinkers, who can convince others to move thoughts to actions with speed as appropriate.
MAHAR, the state-of-art Hospitality Administration and Research Academy is the only one of its kind that boasts of a fully operational luxury four star Hotel Madhuban operating since 1975 at Dehradun in Uttarakhand. This unique, enriched environment provides the perfect platform of excellent hospitality education to the MAHAR students. For more details you can visit our website www.maharedu.com